The Parish had been provided with the services of a nurse, through the generosity of Lady Frances Fletcher of Kenward, so on her passing on December 29th 1901 at the full age of 92, this gift was terminated. At a meeting of parishioners held in the Parish Room on Friday January 10th 1902, it was agreed that the effort ought to be made to continue this facility, even by public subscription, and to this end a committee was elected consisting of Mrs Killick, Mrs Reid, Miss G Noakes, Miss Warde, Dr Pout, Dr Wood, with the Vicar as Chairman. At another meeting held on January 18th, Mrs Reid was elected Treasurer as £ 30 was already promised, and a 15 point list of `Rules to be Observed' drawn up. In that first year the salary for a nurse was £ 35, rent for a cottage £ 3 18s., which was paid for by 21 contributors.
In 1904 the functions were shared between Nurse Waller and Nurse Edwards, with a total expenditure of £ 42 19s. The pattern was continued in 1905 when Nurse Edwards received £ 40, and £ 6 9s. 6d. was paid in rent, supported by 32 contributors. In 1909 Nurse Edwards resigned after five years of duties, and in her place Nurse Budge with an excellent testimonial was appointed. The 1910 accounts came to £ 56 10s., of which £ 2 10s. was a gratuity for summer holiday, and £ 1 17s 3d. for new bicycle tires. In 1912 the summer holiday gratuity had risen to £ 5. In 1913 the number of contributors was 37, towards a total of £ 59, of which £ 25 came from Yalding Charities.
The nurse working under the directions of the doctor, could attend any case of illness in the Parish, which at that time did not include Collier Street, but it was stated that daily or weekly or piece-work earning parishioners, and such as require parish relief, shall always have the preference in regard to her services.
This committee continued to function throughout the First World War. In 1917 the nurse intimated that she could not continue in her post at her present rate of salary, and after careful discussion it was decided to increase her payment by £ 10, which was promised as a further grant from the Yalding Charities. In 1918 there were 56 contributors, which with £ 40 from the Yalding Charities, produced a total account of £ 103. From this £ 80 was the salary for Nurse Rimmel, who had attended 218 patients on 2968 visits. In the 1919 accounts was a donation from an Australian soldier of 2s. 6d. towards a total of £ 111.
Nurse Rimmel was to leave in 1921 after five years of devoted service, and it was said of her `that has left her name and memory carved down deep in the affection and esteem of Yalding life'. She was replaced with the temporary services of a Nurse Orpet.
Finances were becoming difficult and it was decided to charge everyone who wished to avail themselves of this service to pay 1d. per week per household, but those in receipt of parish relief can obtain the service free of charge. Confinement cases will be expected to pay 5s. per case, and non-contributors who use the nurse's services will be charged 2s. per week. The last record we have is for 1921 when the nurse's salary plus insurance, etc., came to £ 116, out of an account total of £ 150.