FLOOR MEMORIALS. Leaving the Chapel to proceed down the South Aisle one passes over a memorial to George Penshurst who departed this life 25th October 1666 aged 85. This stone like the tomb in the South Transept are both missing their brass plaques.
Further down the south aisle there are memorials to Manley, one of whom a John Manley was a master of Cleaves school in 1744. and another stone to the Musgrove family.
SOUTH PORCH. This porch which has previously been used as the main church entrance, now contains an oil heating system, indicated by the grilles in the floor and wall.
WEST END. The western end of the nave and aisles was cleared of pews shortly after the second world war. This end of the south aisle contains notices of church activities, also the Benefaction boards, and from about 1950 to 1968 was furnished as a children's corner.
WINDOW. At the west end of the south aisle is a window which is now mainly of plain glass, but the top is shaped like five petals with the crossed keys of St Peter and the sword of St Paul.
FONT. This was Installed in 1858 and is of similar style to match the pulpit. The cover was added in 1957 and is to the memory of Annette Elizabeth Baily, who lived at Laddingford House. The font was moved from the north-side entry to the tower floor, when the new facilities were installed.
TITHE MAP. This is very fragile now although it was restored at the turn of the 19th/20th century, as it is dated 1840. It is hung on rollers on the south wall of the tower, being long and thin like the parish, which starts near the bottom of Smiths Hill at West Farliegh and goes down beyond Claygate in the south. The numbers relating to the individual plots of land, are detailed in a ledger that resides in the county archives.
The details of the War Memorial and its names are on are on a separate page.
From the village 120 men enlisted to join the armed forces of WW1.
Of these 40 did not return and are commemorated on this memorial. 12 of those lives were lost during the battle of the Somme, between July and October 1916, when a total of 20,000 British soldiers lost their lives.
The village memorial at the top of the high street, contains these names plus the sixteen from WW2.