This building on the Cheveney estate lying just across the parish border into Hunton, has featured much in the history of both villages, and is covered in the Chronicle section of 1900.
Above left is the Institute in its original state,with a first floor balcony, serving initially as a flour mill, and later as a village facility for social gatherings. The village school also used it for cookery lessons.
The view above is of Colonel Borton with his Belgian injured servicemen during the First World War.
It was just after the war that the millstone was changed for an electrical turbine to serve the Cheveney estate; of house, farm and cottages.
The lower scene to the left shows the same building after its more recent conversion into private dwellings. The water here is probably in slight flood conditions, but follows the path of the stream from the mill wheel.