A History of YALDING, Kent, England
THE NAME OF KILLICK.
The double fronted shop that faced over the bridge, latterly Cobblestones Restaurant, now Lyngs Farm House, was catering for all village needs 100 years ago, in the hands of William Cassam Killick, grocer and draper. He was born in 1846 at Hartfield Sussex, and in 1882 with his wife Anne and new son, named after his father, moved from Tunbridge Wells to the premises here, and in the following year their daughter Annie was born.
At the turn of the nineteenth century there were five live-
William Cassam senior who obviously gave his name to our row of cottages along Benover Road, operated the shop from 1882 to at least 1915.